Mentors required for our HIST graduates
Our HIST graduates will shortly be arriving in Australia to commence their tertiary studies.Of the 60 graduates who successfully completed their VCE, 36 will be studying in Melbourne, 9 in Sydney and 6 in Adelaide.
The role of the mentor is as follows
· Make your mentee feel comfortable by being in regular contact with him/her.
· Meet for dinner once per month – perhaps in conjunction with other mentors/mentees.
· Accompany to an OHA event – our key events for 2017 are Networking, Heart to Heart (ladies only) and YOHA.
· Accompany to social events arranged by the OHA such as AFL, movie nights, ten pin bowling, etc
· Be a sounding board and assist with any issues that may arise culturally.
If you would like to assist, please contact Oliver Wang (2016 HIST) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details;
- Name and graduating year.
- Current university and course / occupation
Mentors are encouraged to attend the HIST Welcome event on Monday 5 March from 5pm - 7.30pm.
For any enquiries, please contact Russell Davidson at email@example.com