Old Haileyburians honoured in Australia Day awards
John de Wijn ('69) received his AM for significant service to youth through Scouts, at the state and national level, and to taxation law.
John has a significant list of achievements and community service.
National Vice-President, current.
Member, World Scout Foundation, current.
Member, Finance Committee, current.
Chairman, Branch Executive Committee, 2011-2017.
Member, Branch Executive Committee, since 2011.
Member, Branch Council, since 2014.
Governor and Director, Victorian Scout Foundation, since 2014.
Lay Member, Branch Council, 2008-2014.
Member, Branch Executive Committee, 2008-2011.
Project Commissioner, Victorian Jamboree Council, 2006-2007.
Group Leader, Baden Powell Park, 1988-2006.
Assistant Scout Leader, Dandenong, 1970-1985.
The Tax Institute (formerly Taxation Institute of Australia):
Victorian Councillor, 1989-1997.
Life Member, 2007.
Bar Conciliator, 2014-2018.
Committee Member, Tax Bar Association, 2008-2015.
Bar Appointee, Users Group, Federal Court of Australia, 1997-2004.
Member, Taxation Committee, Law Council of Australia, 25 years.
Admitted to the Bar, Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Victoria, 1975.
Appointed, Queen's Counsel, 1997.
We congratulate John on this significant achievement.
Ian Taylor ('66) received an OAM for service to the community of Stawell. Ian has a significant list of service;
Community - General
• Volunteer Driver, Stawell Meals on Wheels program, current.
• Volunteer, Stawell Riding for the Disabled, many years.
• Volunteer Projectionist, local Town Hall.
• Former Member, Stawell Young Farmers Association; Stawell Progress Association.
Stawell Uniting Church
• Newsletter Editor, since 2014.
• Maintains the Church Contact Directory, current.
• Organiser, DVD Home Ministry, current.
• Helps maintain the Church Memorial Rose Garden.
Lions Club of Stawell
• President, 1996-1997.
• Treasurer, 1998-2001.
• Minute Secretary, current.
• Member, since 1988.
• Former Chairman, Driver Reviver Program, Christmas Lights Program, and the Murray
to Moyne Program.
Stawell Technical School Council
• President, 10 years.
• Member, 1969-1988.
• Member, Amalgamation Committee (Technical School with Stawell High School),
Callawadda Rural Country Fire Authority
• Member, 1970-2012.
• Captain, 9 years.
• Mentor, current.