Facilities & Maintenance Officer
- Assist the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor with maintenance requests
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Melbourne CBD Location | Free Myki provided
Haileybury is one of the leading schools in the Asia-Pacific region with campuses and education programs at Keysborough, Brighton, Berwick, City (Melbourne), Darwin (Northern Territory) and across South East Asia in China, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Timor-Leste. Haileybury is also opening Victoria’s first private online school. The School has enrolments exceeding 7,000 across its operations. Haileybury is acclaimed for its outstanding academic achievements, broad range of co-curricular activities and international opportunities. Further information on Haileybury is available at www.haileybury.com.au
Haileybury is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse.
Haileybury values the linguistic and cultural diversity of its staff and students. Staff are encouraged to contribute experience they may have of working with children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background.
The Facilities & Maintenance Officer is responsible for adopting work practices that are executed in line with the highest practicable standards with respect to work health and safety in the workplace and for ensuring that all activities under their control are conducted in a legal and professional manner, consistent with Haileybury standards, policies and procedures.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor with maintenance requests.
- Carry out required tasks including moving of furniture, setup events and campus activities, such as exams, assemblies and functions.
- Maintain outdoor areas including gardens.
- Assist Security personnel to provide a safe meet and greet service in the foyer, the drop off/pick up areas inside the car park, and outside in the street.
- Assist with daily checking and restocking of coffee/tea catering supplies & copy paper.
- Distribute goods as required.
- Reporting of maintenance activities via My Maintenance and carry out general maintenance and repairs as required and overseeing tradespeople.
- Take responsibility in the absence of the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor as required.
- Play a key and active role in the emergency management process, including evacuation and lockdowns.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will bring the following with you:
- Knowledge and commitment to safe work practices and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and procedures.
- Valid driving license.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and manual handling techniques.
- Trade qualified preferable.
- Familiar with safe working at heights practices.
- Proven maintenance experience in a school or high-rise buildings.
- Highly competent in the use of hand and power tools.
- The ability to read technical manuals and drawings.
- Ability to use common computer programs (Word / Excel / Outlook)
Benefits for working at Haileybury
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11% Superannuation
- Supportive & innovative leadership
To apply for this position, please email your CV to David Brennan at [email protected]
- Previous applicants need not apply
- You must have full working rights to apply
- A Working with Children Check is a requirement prior to commencing
- Any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting a National Criminal History Record Check that confirms no record of relevant criminal activity
- Haileybury recommends staff be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Interviews may take place prior to advert closing
Haileybury is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place. Haileybury is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place. All interested applicants are encouraged to read and familiarise themselves with Haileybury’s Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy located on the Haileybury website (https://www.haileybury.com.au/policies).
Haileybury is a child safe organisation which welcomes all children, young people and their families. Haileybury is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children, including those under the care and supervision of the School. The School recognises the importance of, and its responsibility for, ensuring a safe and supportive environment which respects the rights of children and fosters their enrichment and wellbeing.