Facilities Support Officer
The position of Facilities Support Officer to provide support for event and function set ups at Haileybury under the direction of supervisory staff. The role includes function and examination set up, hall management, cleaning and general venue maintenance activities.
The Facilities Support Officer is to adopt work practices that are executed in line with the highest practicable standards with respect to environment health and safety in the workplace and for ensuring that all activities under their control are conducted in a legal and ethical manner, consistent with Haileybury standards, policies and procedures.
The Facilities Support Officer is also directly involved in the delivery of excellent customer service through strong communication and responsiveness. The Facilities Support Officer is responsible for:
- Carrying out portering activities as directed, including moving of furniture, extensive exam setups, assembly setups and function setups.
- Opening and securing of gates, doors and alarm system as required.
- General campus maintenance activities as directed.
- Assist the Facilities Supervisor with any maintenance requests.
- Incidental cleaning and catering support as required.
- Report all accidents and incidents within 24 hours, investigate, take necessary actions to preventre-occurrence and enter appropriate system
- Perform regular safety audits to ensure compliance with regulations and to identify additional hazards or risks.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement in developing and maintaining safe work methods that comply with Legislation, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Haileybury guidelines.
- Ensure awareness of, and compliance with, all aspects of Haileybury policies, systems and procedures, and legislative requirements.
While the primary responsibilities of the position are articulated, it is expected that the incumbent will engage with the School community and participate fully in a range of events and activities.
Key selection criteria
- Familiar with event and function setup.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- An eye for detail and a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written presentation/communication skills
- Drivers licence
- Knowledge of Occupation Health and Safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of Security alarm systems
- Knowledge of Evacuation and Lockdown procedures
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Level 2 first aid certificate
- Basic computer skills
- Experience of working with children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background
- All general staff need to hold a current Working With Children Clearance and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check Certificate (NCCHC).
- All staff are recommended to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and any other viruses where possible.
- All staff are expected to support the vision and ethos of the School.
- Haileybury promotes the safety and well-being of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Standard working hours are based on required and agreed requirements of the role This position requires flexibility to operate outside the standard hours when the situation requires.
- Staff must ensure that all decisions, pertaining to their role at Haileybury, are made in line with legislation and Haileybury’s Policies and Procedures as set out in the Staff Manual.
To apply for this position, please click on ‘Apply’ on this job advert or email [email protected] to send your CV to our HR Team.