After School Care Assistants
Required at Berwick, Brighton, City and Keysborough campuses.
Reports to Head of Library Services
The primary role of the After School Care Assistant is to actively supervise students in Library after school.
The After School Care Assistant requires the capability to:
- Encourage students to complete homework, assisting where appropriate. If students do not have homework, encourage quiet activities such as reading
- Ensure a safe, welcoming and respectful Library environment for all
- Complete handover of tasks with Library Technician
- Shelve books on trolley and tidy shelves ensuring Library is neat
- Shelf reading for perfect order
- Process books including covering books as required
- Ensure photocopier, staplers are filled ready for usage
- Complete Library closing tasks including ensuring chairs under tables, lights and TVs are switched off and doors locked
- Be aware of any relevant medical information for students as provided
- Attend School PD requirements as requested